This article will show you two of the best above-ground pool pumps that will save you time and money. Better circulation means less time cleaning your pool and less chemicals needed. Always remember to turn off the power before working on the swimming pool resurfacing Fort Lauderdale FL. These pumps are name brand and replacement parts can be ordered in the future if needed.
Hayward Power-Flo LX Above Ground Pool Pump – This is probably the most popular above ground pool pump of all time and this model has been around for about 30 years. In fact, this is the pump I use in my own kid’s pool! It’s very durable, quiet, powerful and has pretty much everything you need in a pump. Easy to install and service, it has a corrosion-resistant thermoplastic housing and operates quietly in all weather conditions. It also features a high performance impeller, a drain plug that can be easily placed on the front of the housing, and a strainer lid that is clear plastic so you can see when it needs cleaning or when cavitations is present. Easy to order at most pool supply stores.
Dynamo Single Speed 1 HP above Ground Pool Pump
If you’re looking for one of the best above ground pool pumps, look no further than the Pentair Dynamo. Pentair has been another top brand in pool/water care products for decades, so product parts are always available. A truly high quality and durable product. Made of strong tempered glass fiber, long life and durable. This model has been around for years and is very commonly used (at least in my area). It is self-priming and features a large capacity strainer basket with a clear see-through lid and a powerful impeller/diffuser design to maintain excellent flow. Of course, you can easily access the drain plug for easy draining. These two models are pretty similar to each other and both are arguably one of the best above ground pool he pumps. It helps you spend less time cleaning your pool and more time enjoying it.
This is one of the most common questions asked by clients who are undecided about deleting pools. I’m by no means a real estate expert, but I’ve read several articles on this topic and seen first hand the impact of pool removal on property sales. Here’s my attempt at answering that question…
Most people want a definitive answer on this question. Unfortunately, like many other factors in real estate, it depends. Below are some of the issues related to pools that have impacted property values.
Here is a list of factors that can have a flat or negative impact on the value of your home.
- If the pool occupies more than 30% of the backyard.
- If the pool is over 30 years old and needs repairs
- If there are no safety gates around the pool.
- If the pool is made of vinyl liner.
- If the “swimming weather” in the area where the pool is located is less than 3 months
- If the only neighborhood you have is a pool.
- If your area is currently experiencing drought
Here is a list of factors that can positively affect the value of your home.
- Pool is less than 15 years old.
- The pool occupies less than 10% of the backyard.
- Most of our neighbors have swimming pools.
- Pool facilities are relatively new and energy efficient.
- The geographical area where the pool is located has “swimming weather” for at least 6 months.
- The pool is fully enclosed with a safety gate.
- If your home is considered a “luxury home”
Supply and demand:
The current recession has significantly reduced the pool of buyers over the last few years. According to real estate experts, the best way to get an offer for your home is to appeal to as many buyers as possible. In general, most families who don’t need a swimming pool are less likely to look for a house with a swimming pool due to the cost of removal. On the other hand, families who want a swimming pool may consider an existing swimming pool or a home with enough space to set up a pool. Another factor to keep in mind is that if you have a swimming pool and you are selling your home, you may benefit from selling in the summer, swimming pool remodeler Fort Lauderdale FLare most attractive to buyers.
Repair or removal:
If your pool needs repairs and you’re selling your home, these are some suggestions that might help.
- Talk to your realtor and get an expert opinion on the impact of owning a swimming pool on your property.
- Go through the list of positives and negatives above and see which one applies to you.
- Get her 3 quotes for pool repair.
- Get three estimates for pool deletion.
Compare her two estimates between removal and repair and calculate the differen