Do you want to protect the network of your Rockspace range extender? If you are nodding your head in yes, then you need to change the default admin password of your device via rockspace.local. Wondering how to go about the process? Well, you have come to the right place. In this article, we have outlined the steps following which you will be able to change Rockspace extender login password with ease. Thus, waste no more time waiting and get to reading.
How to Change Rockspace Extender Password?
- Plug your Rock space extender into a non-damaged wall outlet.
- Press the power button.
- Soon the LED will turn green.
- This is a sign that you need to connect your extender and router.
- Thus, connect them using a wired or wireless source.
- Once that is done, switch on your PC.
- If you use Google Chrome the most, open it up.
- Take your mouse cursor to the required field, i.e. web address bar.
- Enter re.rockspace.local.
- Hit Enter.
- Before you even know it, you will access the login portal.
- Fill in the admin password and username.
- Click on the Log In option.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select the Set Password button.
- Enter the password you want to give to your Rockspace extender.
- Insert it again, this time for confirmation.
- Click the Save button.
- In about a few seconds, your changes will get saved.
With that, you have reached the end of the process of changing the default admin login password of your Rock space wireless range extender using the default web address, i.e. re.rockspace.local.
In case, you faced any difficulty during the process, do the honors of following these troubleshooting hacks. They might prove to be useful to you.
Can’t Change Rockspace Extender Password?
- Use the Correct Web Address
Check the web address that has been used by you to log in to your Rockspace wireless extender. Is it matching re.rockspace.local? No? Well, this means that you have typed the wrong web address.
In that case, rectify your mistake immediately by putting the right address to use. Additionally, check if the search bar is being used instead of the address bar.
- Enter the Correct Admin Details
Apart from using the correct web address, using the right login password and username also matters if you want to successfully change the password of your Rockspace extender.
Therefore, make sure that only the correct login credentials are being used by you. If, by any chance, you want to confirm the details of your device before entering them, refer to the user manual.
- Keep WiFi Interference at Bay
Have you ever heard or read somewhere how smart home appliances like refrigerators, treadmills, televisions, cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, and speakers have the power to mess with the signals of your extender?
Well, it looks like this is exactly what is happening. This is exactly what is happening with your device. Thus, it is recommended that you eliminate WiFi interference. To do so, consider relocating your Rock space range extender.
- Give the Extender a Restart
It is recommended that you give the extender a restart if nothing so far has worked for you in troubleshooting the issue at hand.
To restart your device, you need to unplug it from its existing wall outlet, let it stay idle for a few seconds, and right after that, plug it from where you unplugged it.
If even after following this hack, you are unable to change the login password of your Rockspace extender with ease, it is recommended you follow the next hack.
- Reset the Range Extender
Restoring your wireless range extender is possible if you follow the instructions mentioned here:
- Look for the Reset button.
- Whenever you find the button, press it.
- Hold on for some time.
Once you are sure that the reset process has been completed, it is recommended that you set up your Rock space wireless range extender from scratch.
We hope that after following the troubleshooting hacks mentioned above, you were able to successfully resolve the issue at hand. If apart from the ones given in this article, you are aware of any other hack, it is recommended that you share it with your fellow readers. Are you thinking about how that can be done? Well, you can do this by making use of the comment section.