The world will not be the same as it was before the pandemic. Various industries worldwide are still struggling to cope with the sudden upheaval caused by the pandemic, followed by the lockdown.
One of the sectors that are most affected at this time is the education sector. The lockdown made people realize the need for eLearning mobile apps.
Generally, an eLearning mobile app is a platform that is full of all the educational things that students study. Through this platform, students can access their academic materials through their smartphones from the comfort of their homes.
The overall mobile learning eLearning mobile app development market is expected to grow from USD 7.98 billion in 2015 to USD 37.60 billion by 2020 at a CAGR of 36.3%, according to markets and markets.
It can be said that m-learning mobile applications have their price now and in the near future.
Table of Contents
Mobile eLearning application and current numbers
The development of eLearning applications has a current rate of 8.47% and is listed as the 3rd most installed application on mobile devices.
According to Statista, the global m-learning application market is expected to exceed $243 billion in 2022 at a CAGR of 5.08%.
In another report published by Forbes, the global market for eLearning applications will reach $325 billion by 2025.
In India, Byju’s, an eLearning startup, is expected to reach $5.5 billion.
The best eLearning mobile apps and web portal players
Edx: Helps students earn a degree by allowing them to attend lectures, tests, quizzes, and personal schedules based on the app.
Coursera: This is an eLearning web portal that is compact with more than a thousand courses on a large number of topics for age groups.
Also read: The Latest FirstLine Benefits App Has Finally Been Revealed
Udemy: This app goes beyond all the regular subjects and offers courses on topics like science, technology, design, cooking, yoga, banking, marketing, etc.
Lynda: Compact with 564 business courses, Lynda offers courses on topics such as content marketing, management training, accounting basics, Google AdWords tutorials, and more.
Byju’s: It aims to make learning fun and interactive for students. It has engaging video lessons on various topics along with mock tests and sample papers.
The main advantages of eLearning mobile applications
Mobile eLearning mobile apps are poised to revolutionize the education industry. If you are looking for an on-demand mobile app development tutorial, now is the right time to start implementing your plan.
Before you hire a mobile app developer to create eLearning mobile app development services, let us know the benefits of the main benefits of eLearning mobile apps.
- The eLearning mobile application provides students with complete freedom to access educational materials through various mechanisms such as podcasts, videos, etc.
- With the help of eLearning and mobile applications, students can learn at their own pace by understanding the subject at their own pace.
- Students can repeat the lesson at any time if they do not understand it.
- Mobile eLearning apps lead to better user engagement and higher completion rates.
- Mobile eLearning applications improve student participation rates compared to traditional teaching methods.
- Parents can easily track student progress.
Different types of eLearning mobile apps
One of the most important attributes that you should keep in mind before embarking on eLearning mobile app development is knowing the different types of eLearning apps.
Test Apps: These apps help students test their learning and knowledge on a particular topic by allowing them to participate in various tests and aptitude series.
Dedicated eLearning apps: These types of m-learning mobile apps are designed with a specific industry or domain in mind, such as medicine, writing tutorials, etc.
Course-Based Apps: It is obvious that course-based mobile apps are specially designed according to a particular course. The courses are available in various formats like audio, video, text, infographics, etc.
Mobile Vocabulary App: If you want your users to learn new words in English or any other language, then an eLearning vocabulary app will be a perfect choice.
Smart connect Learning App: The app is designed to facilitate training and teaching purposes in the simplest way possible. Smart connect applications are mostly used in the case of distance learning programs.
Features you need to include in your eLearning mobile app
General features of the eLearning app for students
- Panel to facilitate easy registration and easy profile management.
- They allow students to search and select their desired subjects and courses easily.
- Clear information about the subscription plan.
- Easy function to select desired tutors.
- A powerful quiz module to test students’ knowledge.
- A platform where students can ask questions and lecturers come back with answers.
- You must have mock test papers so that students can analyze their abilities
- Users must be able to pay quickly for the courses they are interested in.
- Proper notification provisions through which students receive updates about their classes and responses from tutors.
- The chat feature in the app will help students connect with tutors in real time to clear their doubts.
- Proper functionality to allow students to track their occupation and performance.
Features of the eLearning application for a tutor panel
- The platform for easy registration and profile management.
- Instructors can upload new content and easily edit existing content.
- Want to get real-time alerts on a question posted by some students?
- Easy real-time learning device with screen switching mode.
- Have easy payment arrangements for students or companies.
- Tutors can chat with students and parents without any glitches.
Parents panel in the eLearning application
- Parents can monitor the progress and improvement of their children.
- Parents can monitor their children’s attendance.
- Parents can keep track of their children’s performance.
- In-app chat option for easy connection with lecturers.
- Parents can check grades assigned to students.
- Parents can easily manage and edit student course subscriptions and payment options in the app.
- Get real-time notifications from tutors and administrators.
Must include advanced features for eLearning mobile applications
- Easy login and registration process for someone who is new to the app.
- Easy process to create and manage your profile.
- A push notification facility and student alerts for new videos, upcoming courses, etc.
- Real-time analytics features to track mobile learning tasks, student processes, assessment scores, etc.
- A role-based dashboard helps users improve application efficiency and productivity.
- Make your app multilingual to cater to more users from all over the world.
- Integrate your eLearning application with a CRM system to help you build a great relationship with your customers.
- Strong CMS integration allows users to upload and manage unique content for students.
- Have a discussion forum integrated with your application; it will improve the interaction between the users of the application.
- Have a ranking. It will increase healthy competition among students who will study hard to get on the rankings.
- Include some quizzes and assessments to keep track of students.
- Proper document management measures enable users to manage all important documents in a systematic manner.
- The lesson download facility helps students to record the required lesson they have missed.
- A powerful chat room and video streaming capabilities make study sessions more interactive and improve student engagement in class.
- Include provisions for streaming video lessons so that students can go through the lesson on topics of interest to the students.
How much does it cost to create a mobile app for eLearning?
The cost of developing an eLearning mobile application depends on many factors. One factor is the complexity of the application; refers to the basic or advanced features you want to include in your application.
Another factor is the platform number you would like to build the app for. The price depends on the factor whether you choose a single platform app or a hybrid app or two separate apps for two separate platforms.
The region of the company that develops the applications also plays a crucial role. In the US, the cost per hour is between $150 to $250, in India the cost is between $25 to $50, and in Eastern Europe, development costs are between $80 to $180 per hour.
Through this blog post, we have tried to cover all the aspects that you might want to consider before choosing the right eLearning mobile app development company.
Hire a mobile app developer with the right skill set who understands the various factors of the app development process. An experienced agency can improve the user experience of your app.