The Overlord Season 5 anime series is getting closer and closer to adopting all of the light book sources. Kugane Maruyama light novels of the exact name serve as the motivation for the anime series. A series is animated by Studio Madhouse and the show centers on Satoru, a young man who is bored with his life and spends his days playing an MMORPG.
Aniz’s tale will continue in season 5, although the overlord session has not yet been confirmed by the production committee or the studio. Fortunately, a movie about an overlord that takes place after the events of season 4 is currently in development. The holy kingdom arc, which is found in volumes 12 and 13 of the light novel series, will be adjusted into a film.
Is there any information about the release date of the overlord season 5?
- Overlord Season 5 release dates has yet to be determined.
- Season 5’s animation could take years due to a lack of source material.
- Before they can begin animating Season 5, the production team will most likely be waiting for the author to release Volumes 17 and 18.
- Volume 17 is expected to be released the following year.
- Overlord volume 16 will be released in English in November 2022, following its release in Japan in July 2022.
- Fortunately, the author, Maruyama, will release Vols. 17 and 18 concurrently, ensuring that Season 5 will have enough source material by the end of 2024.
- Typically, it takes 18 months to 2 years to produce a 13-episode season of anime (from animating to dubbing).
- The fifth season of Overlord will probably air sometime in 2026, which is 4 years from now.
Does Season 5 Have Enough Source Material?
The anime is based on light novels, which have so far been published in 16 volumes. Volume 18 will be the final volume of the light novels because their author, Kugane Maruyama, wishes to complete them in two volumes.
Volumes 10, 11, and 14 of the light novel series were adapted for the fourth season of Overlord. Volumes 12 and 13 of the Holy Kingdom Arc are covered in the film. Only two volumes, 15 and 16, remain, which is insufficient for the time being.
Volume 15 and Volume 16 go into great detail about Ainz’s inner thoughts and what is going on around him. A lot of content will likely be skipped in the anime because these are dialogue-heavy volumes with little action, leaving very little source material to create a 13-episode season.
The final volume of the light novel series in Overlord
The Overlord Season 5 novel series by Japanese author Kugane Maruyama served as the inspiration for the plot of the anime. In 2010, the story was originally published as a web novel, but beginning in 2012, Kugane collaborated with illustrator so-bin to adapt the work to the light novel format.
On July 29, 2022, the Japanese publisher Enterbrain published Overlord Volume 16: The Half Wood Elf God-kin Part 2. The more recent light novels generally followed the online novel, but things started to vary drastically with Volume 10.
The tale also gave rise to the Overlord manga series by Hugin Miyama and Satoshi Oshio. As of June 24, 2022, the Overlord manga, which is being serialized in the monthly magazine Comp Ace, is up to Volume 17.
Season 5 has not yet been announced because Studio Madhouse is currently concentrating only on the movie. A formal announcement for the fifth season, however, is only necessary given Overlord’s enormous popularity.