Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms in the whole world. Snapchat streaks is one of the most crucial aspects of this app. Users who send streaks on a regular basis form it but there is a problem which is often faced by users and that is they lost snap streak. Thankfully, there is a way to recover the snap streak which is lost as the app allows the users to report it to the team if any issue is faced with the app.
So now as you scroll down, you will not only find out how to recover lost snap streak but also some tips on how to increase the streaks, what exactly are these, how to share it on your snapchat story and much more. So keep reading to find out a lot of information about it.
How to recover a lost snap streak?
If you want to know how to get back the snap streak on snapchat then follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- Firstly, open your mobile phone and then open the snapchat app.
- Now click on the avatar which is on the top of the right corner of your screen.
- Now in the menu which is opened, just click on the top right corner of the screen to open the settings.
- After this, scroll down to locate the support section and then tap on ‘I need help’.
- Now the page that opens, you must see the option of ‘snapsteaks’, click on it.
- Now locate the hyperlink which reads as – ‘if you feel there was an error, please let us know’ and then tap on it.
- As you do this, a section opens. Here select ‘i’ve lost my snapstreak’.
- Therefore, snapchat will open a form on your screen which requires you to fill some basic details like username, email address, mobile number, friends username, device on which the snapchat is installed and few more details.
- Just fill out the details correctly and be extra careful when you fill out your username with the spaces.
- Now you see a question which says ‘did you see the (hour-glass) icon. Answer NO is this.
- After you fill the form and it’s completed, click on the send button which is just below the form.
- Now to be on the safer side, you can also ask your friend with whom you had a snapstreak to report it as well.
- Finally after doing all this, wait for at least 24 hours to see if you have recovered your lost snap streak.
What exactly is a snapchat streak and what counts towards snap streaks?
Snapchat streaks or simply streaks are the measure of your activity with another snapchat user. Whenever you send or receive snaps from another person at least one time a day for consecutive 3 days, the snapstreak begins. An active snap streak can be identified by looking at the fire emoji which appears next to the contact’s name on the chat screen and the number next to this emoji will keep increasing which shows the number of days of an active streak.
Now after knowing what is a snapchat streak, you must wonder now what exactly counts as a snapchat streak and what does not. Wee, it is made very evident and clear by the snapchat itself that there are only two activities that count as a snapstreak. These are:
- By sending and receiving the photo snaps
- By sending and receiving the video snaps
You might think that it’s too easy and simple, then it actually is. Some other details related to snap streaks are:
- You don’t get a snapstreak number if you are texting a person or even posting the story and also for the snaps that you sent on group conversations.
- You should also note that you are sending the snap right from the camera’s interface of the snapchat.
- Also if you are sending a snap from the tab of your memories or camera roll, then it will not be counted and if you are doing so then you might lost snap streak.
- If you also use the snapchat spectacles then the snaps that you share through it will also not be counted as snapstreak.
How to share your snapchat streak in story?
Earlier snapchat used to have a filter which featured the snapstreak daily count. As that dedicated filter is no longer available, you still have a way on how you can flaunt your snapstreak with your friend on your story via charms.
Following are the steps to do it:
- Firstly, open snapchat and go to the profile page of the person that you have a snapstreak with. Now you can access the profile page just by tapping on the display name of the user from the window of conversation.
- Now scroll down until you see the section of ‘charms’ and then look out for the snapstreak charm. Now, you have to tap to ‘expand the snapstreak charm’ and just take its screenshot. Ps. you should know that your friend will know when you take the screenshot of the profile of friendship.
- Now all you need to do is to post the taken screenshot on the snapchat story. To do this, just open the creation interface of the snapchat story and choose the screenshot that you want to post from the camera roll.
- You can also mention the person in the story with whom you have the snapstreak.
- Once you are done doing all this, pick up ‘My Story’ and then press on the ‘Send’ button which is blue to show off the snapstreak with your friends on your story.
What are the tips to increase the snapstreak?
There are few tips and ways to increase the snapstreak on snapchat. These are:
- Send more photo snaps
- Send video snaps
- Be consistent
- Request to restore the lost snap streak
- Troubleshoot snapchat if the app is not working
For more blogs: Magzinenow
Snapchat streaks are even considered a bragging right by the young snapchat users. If you are also one of them who loves to maintain the streak and get worried if lost snap streak, then we hope you have found this article helpful which gives you detailed information on how to recover the snap streak which is lost, what exactly is meant by streak, how to maintain it, how to share it on the story and how to increase the snap streaks on snapchat.
So what are you waiting for? Go and start a snap streak with your friends on snapchat now.