Gas and acidity are common digestive issues affecting millions of people worldwide. The symptoms can range from mild discomfort to severe pain and are caused by several factors, including poor diet, stress, or certain medical conditions.
While many over-the-counter and prescription medications are available from ayurvedic medicine for gas and acidity, many prefer natural remedies, such as Ayurvedic medicine. In this article, we will look at the benefits of Ayurvedic treatment for gas and acidity and some herbal remedies that can help relieve these symptoms.
Table of Contents
What Is The Role of Ayurvedic Medicine For Gas And Acidity?
Ayurvedic Medicine For Gas And Acidity is an ancient healing system that originated in India over 5,000 years ago. It is founded on the idea that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance of the mind, body, and spirit. Ayurvedic medicine promotes good health holistically, including herbal remedies, massage, and meditation.
Ayurvedic Medicine For Gas And Acidity:
According to ayurvedic medicine for gas and acidity principles, gas and acidity are caused by an imbalance in the Pitta dosha, one of the three doshas or energies that govern the body. Pitta is associated with fire and is in charge of digestion and metabolism. When this dosha is out of balance, it can cause the stomach to produce too much acid, resulting in gas, bloating, and acidity.
Ayurvedic medicine provides several herbal remedies to help balance the Pitta dosha and relieve gas and acidity. These remedies help with digestion by reducing inflammation and soothing the stomach lining.
Herbal Remedies for Gas and Acidity via ayurveda:
Ayurveda, India’s traditional medical system, has several herbal remedies for gas and acidity. Here are some herbs and remedies that are frequently recommended:
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale): A natural digestive aid, ginger is commonly used to relieve gas and acidity. Ginger tea or a small piece of fresh ginger can be consumed.
- Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare): Fennel seeds have long been used to remedy gas and acidity. Fennel seeds can be chewed after meals or used to make fennel tea by steeping a teaspoon of fennel seeds in a cup of hot water for 5-10 minutes.
- Cumin (Cuminum cyminum): Cumin seeds are another traditional remedy for digestive problems such as gas and acidity. Cumin seeds can be chewed or used to make cumin tea by steeping a teaspoon in a cup of hot water for 5-10 minutes.
- Coriander (Coriandrum sativum): Coriander is a natural antacid commonly used to treat acid reflux. Steep a teaspoon of coriander seeds in a cup of hot water for 5-10 minutes to make coriander tea.
- Triphala is an ayurvedic medicine for gas and acidity composed of three fruits: amla, haritaki, and bibhitaki. It is a natural laxative commonly used to improve digestion, relieve gas, and reduce acidity. Before going to bed, mix triphala powder with warm water.