DirectX 12 is Microsoft’s multimedia API (application programming interface) for rendering video and game graphics and playing audio. The API is primarily for Windows 10 which also supports older DirectX 11, 10, and 9 versions.
Windows 10 won’t include any specific option for enabling DirectX 12 ultimate. However, there are some things that you need to make sure of so that you have the latest DirectX 12 version installed.
Furthermore, you need to configure specific in-game settings to smoothly enable DirectX 12 for some games. Let’s check out the guide and know how to activate DirectX 12 on Windows 10 .
Steps to Turn on DirectX Ultimate on Different Oss and Games
Let’s check out the steps to smoothly turn on DirectX ultimate on different Oss and games:
- Enable DirectX 12 in Windows 7
A few select Windows 7 games, like World of Warcraft, support DirectX 12. You can enable DX12 for selected Windows 7 games by ensuring that NVIDIA or AMD GPU has come up with an up-to-date driver.
Some users need to update GPU drivers to smoothly enable DX12 ultimate in Windows 10. Also, you need to make sure about the graphics card driver is up-to-date, and to run a driver updater utility software.
Big-time gaming can be done without crashes, freezes, or lags by keeping the drivers up-to-date and error-free. It is difficult to perform manual checks that are advisable it is advisable to use an automated assistant that will help to scan fresh driver versions regularly. You need to use it by:
- Download and install the DriverFix.
- Now, launch the software and wait for the installed application to smoothly detect the PC’s faulty drivers.
- You will be presented with the list of drivers and users can choose the ones that they need to fix.
- After that, wait for some time for the driver download and fixing process to complete.
- Lastly, you need to restart the PC for changes to smoothly take effect. 1. Enable DirectX 12 for Fortnite
- Start by launching the Fortnite game.
- Now, tap on the menu button at the top right of Fortnite’s title screen.
- Choose settings to open game options.
- Users need to scroll down to the Video tab to the DirectX Version option.
- Tap on the arrow button for DirectX version settings to choose DirectX12.
- Click on confirm button and then tap on the apply option.
- Lastly, you need to click to restart Fortnite for DX12 changes to take effect.
When you follow the instructions mentioned properly then users can smoothly enable DirectX 12 in Fortnite.
2. Enable DirectX 12 in Windows 10
While enabling Windows 10 will reinstall DirexrX automatically and then the user can enable it when missing or facing an error. So, if you perform any update then it will restore the missing DirectX12 files on your computer and allow you to run DirectX 12 ultimate.
- Press Windows and I keyboard keys to smoothly open the settings menu.
- Choose update and security from settings to open the Windows update section.
- Tap to check for updates to see whether there are any available patch updates. If so then you need to install the patch updates.
- If you are not using the latest Windows 10 version then click on to download and install option for available feature updates.
- After updating the graphics card driver on Windows 10 then your PC will have the latest DirectX 12 version installed successfully.
There is a DirectX end-user runtime web installed available that will help to reinstall DX9, 10, and 11. So, you need to enable DirectX 12 on Windows 10 by following the guidelines mentioned.
3.Enable DirectX 12 for Battlefront 2
- Start by opening Battlefront 2 game and then open the home screen.
- Choose options to smoothly open the tab section for the setting category.
- Choose the video tab and then toggle to enable DirectX 12 settings if it is off.
- Lastly, you need to restart Battlefront 2 to apply the changes.
This is how users can enable DirectX 12 in Windows 10, Battlefront 2, and Fortnite. You can also check out the advanced graphic settings for DX12 options to smoothly turn it on in other games.
Check out the guide and get the information about how to enable DirectX 12 ultimate on your devices. If you are dealing with any other issue like Windows 10 update assistant stuck then check out the user manual to get the information.