Table of Contents
Xasten is a medication used to treat allergies, including hay fever and hives. It contains the active ingredient levocetirizine dihydrochloride, which works by blocking histamine receptors in the body. If you have been prescribed Xasten, it is important to know how to take it correctly to ensure it is effective and safe. In this blog post, we will discuss how to take xasten tablet.
Step-by-Step Guide to Taking Xasten Tablet
- Read the instructions on the packaging carefully. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Take Xasten tablet with a glass of water. You can take it with or without food, but it is recommended to take it at the same time every day.
- Do not crush or chew the tablet, as this can affect how the medication is absorbed by your body.
- If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose of Xasten, as this can increase the risk of side effects.
Precautions to Take While Taking Xasten Tablet
- Before taking Xasten, inform your doctor if you have any allergies, liver or kidney disease, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Xasten can cause drowsiness, so avoid driving or operating heavy machinery until you know how the medication affects you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Xasten, as it can increase the drowsiness effect.
- Xasten may interact with other medications, so inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other medications, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Possible Side Effects of Xasten Tablet
Like all medications, Xasten can cause side effects. Common side effects include drowsiness, headache, dry mouth, and fatigue. If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, inform your doctor immediately.
Taking Xasten correctly is important to ensure its effectiveness and safety. Follow the step-by-step guide and precautions discussed in this blog post to take Xasten tablet properly. If you have any questions or concerns about taking Xasten or any other medications, consult your doctor or pharmacist.