This can be regarded as a very popular question among a lot of kids these days. Conversions of this type are actually very easy. They can be carried out with the help of some simple steps. These questions are very common in the examinations of children studying in primary level school. Here, we will be discussing how to write 0.6 as a fraction. Though the steps involved in these conversions are very simple, the small children tend to make silly mistakes while carrying out these conversions. In order to avoid such scenarios, the teachers should try to break the entire process into simple steps. Then they should explain each step to the children in detail. This will greatly help them to develop clear concepts regarding these conversions. Hence, it will considerably reduce their chances of making simple errors. In this discussion, we will be going through the steps involved in these conversions in detail. If the steps are understood properly, then all types of similar conversions can be carried out very easily without any problem. So, without further delay, let’s get into our discussion of this vital topic.
Table of Contents
Process of Conversion
In order to carry out the conversion of a decimal number into its corresponding fraction, we have to follow some simple and basic steps. These steps are applicable in the case of all such similar conversions. In order to write 0.6 as a fraction these steps should be completely clear. Thus, the teachers should always give considerable attention to this particular matter.
- Removal of decimal point
As we all know, the decimal number contains a decimal point and in order to convert it into a fraction, we have to remove this decimal point. In order to do so, we have to add zeros after 1 in the denominator. The number of zeros that needs to be added is equal to the number of decimal places present in the given number. For example, if there are two decimal places present in the given number, then we need to add two zeros, if there are three decimal places present in the given number, then we have to add three zeros. Thus, in simple words, we need to count the number of decimal places present in the given decimal number. Thereafter, we have to add that many zeros after 1 in the denominator. Though this rule might sound a bit complicated, it is actually very easy.
- Getting a fraction in its simplest form
After completing the first step, we will get a fraction. But this fraction might not be in its simplest form. In order to convert this fraction into a fraction in its simplest form, we have to divide the numerator and the denominator by the same number. Sometimes, the fraction obtained after the completion of the first step might already be present in its simplest form. In such cases, we do not have to perform this second step.
Write 0.6 as a fraction
In the previous section, we have already discussed the steps involved in the conversion of a decimal number into its corresponding fraction. In this step, we will be carrying out this process to convert the given decimal number that is 0.6. So, without further delay, let’s look at the process involved in this particular conversion.
- First of all, we need to remove the decimal point from the given decimal number. In order to do so, we have to count the number of decimal places present in the given number. In this case, the given number is 0.6. It has only one decimal place. So, we need to add only one zero after 1 in the denominator. This will give us the fraction 6/10. Thus, it is evident that this step is indeed very simple. If the concept is clear, then carrying out this step should not be an issue.
- As we can see, the fraction 6/10 is not present in its simplest form. In order to convert it into a fraction in its simplest form, we need to divide both the numerator and the denominator by the same number. In this case, we need to divide by 2. This will give us the fraction 3/5. Now, this fraction is present in its simplest form and hence it can be regarded as the answer to the given question. But at the same time, we have to keep in mind that, in this case, we got the required answer after carrying out a single round of division. This might not always be the scenario. Sometimes we might have to carry out three or more rounds of divisions in order to get the required answer.
Points to be noted
We have completed the process of writing 0.6 as a fraction. Though the process is very simple, the small children might make simple mistakes while doing this. In order to avoid that, we need to keep certain things in mind.
- The teachers should always ensure that the children are attentive while doing these conversions. Lack of focus might lead to considerable mistakes in the process.
- Secondly, the teachers should ensure that the children are practicing these conversions on a regular basis. Good practice will greatly help them in solving these conversions. It will also reduce their chances of making errors.
- The concepts should be clear with the students. If they have any doubt regarding the process involved in the conversions, then it should be cleared as soon as possible.
For more blogs: Magzinenow
Thus, from our discussion of the topic, it can be concluded that the process of writing 0.6 as a fraction is indeed very simple as well as easy. The required answer is 3/5. It can be carried out with the help of two simple steps. In this discussion,we have gone through these steps in detail. In addition to that, we have also discussed the essential points that should be noted while performing these conversions. Following these steps and points will definitely help the children in solving these conversions correctly.