Epson printer error code of 0x97 is among the most frequent error codes afflicting Epson printer owners across the globe. Epson is a renowned brand, and it’s well known that it is among the top printer manufacturers. The variety of options offered by Epson is unmatched. If an Epson user faces an Epson error code 0x97, don’t fret. This article will explain the different causes and solutions to reduce the impact of this error.
What is Epson Printer Error 0x97 Signify?
Error code 0x97 from Epson is usually encountered when the Epson printer has been in use for a long time. The error appears as an abrupt event and affects the basic operations of the printer. The main disadvantage is that, until you fix this issue, the printer will cease to print.
This Epson error code is displayed on the LCD screen. The error typically occurs when a user attempts to stop the printing process or switch off the printer.
What is Epson WF-3640 Error Code 0x97?
The error code is typically found in the WF-3640, WF-4630 or WF-7620 models of Epson printers. Epson printer. This issue will be given another name based on the printer model that this error happens.
- If the error is detected in the WF-3640, it is called”the Epson Error WF-3640 code (0x97).
- When this issue occurs in WF-7620, it’s known in the form of the Epson WF-7620 error code (0x97).
- If it happens in the model WF-4630. The error code is also known as the Epson WF-4630 error code (0x97).
The reason for Epson Error Code 0x97
The error code for the printer 0x97 occurs when there is an issue with the printer’s hardware. The problem could be due to the motherboard or another malfunction in the hardware. This issue indicates a malfunction within the internal workings of the printing device.
If you have encountered this issue when printing a document, look at the following simple ways to resolve the problem. You can contact Epson Printer Support if the issue persists.
How Do I fix Epson Error Code 0x97?
Method 1: Start the Printer
The first step is turning off the printer and removing all cartridges and connections that are attached to the printer. Make sure there isn’t any ongoing print job and check for any jammed paper. Hold the Power icon and press it for one min. Connect all cords and wires. Place the cartridges in the appropriate slot. Then, turn on the printer. Try a demonstration print. If the error code 0x97 on the Epson printer is still present, try procedure 2.
Method 2: Setting the Printer
- Shut down the printer, and loosen all connectivity to or from the printer.
- Hold and press your switch to power.
- When you hold the icon, secure all cords.
- Once connected, keep and press the power button for about a min.
- Press the button when the time expires.
- Find out if the issue has been resolved and if not.
Method 3: Cleanse the head of your printer
- Remove your cartridges.
- Take out the printing head.
- Use a smooth surface to wipe the authority of the printer.
- Keep wiping until additional ink has accumulated on the nozzle.
- The printhead should be soaked in a container of warm water for about 10 minutes.
- The printhead should be dried.
- Install the printhead and cartridges. Try a print test.
Method 4: Update your driver
One reason error code 0x97 on your Epson printers may appear is outdated drivers. Update the drivers or remove and install the drivers.