The QuickBooks Error 15104 may appear and cause delays when updating QuickBooks payroll or QuickBooks Desktop. An infected or corrupted file is the most frequent reason for this QuickBooks error code. Make sure to read this article all the way through to the end to learn about all the factors that can cause an error as well as the various avenues to fix QuickBooks Error 15104. Let’s start by going over the main reasons why QuickBooks error code 15104 occurs. In the later section, we’ll look at every possible approach to fixing this error. Meanwhile, if you want technical guidance, you can directly call our certified experts at 1 800 761 1787.
Main factors that cause QuickBooks Error Code 15104
The following are some possible causes of error code 15104:
- Failing to set up recent QuickBooks update on your system.
- Incorrectly set Internet Explorer configurations.
- When using the single-user version of the QuickBooks software.
- Problems with Windows registry data may also lead to QuickBooks Error 15104.
Methods to wipe out QuickBooks Error code 15104
The methods to fix this QuickBooks error are as follows:
1st Method: Choose System Restore
- Open the System Restore window by selecting it from the start menu. You can double-click on the system restore in this situation if you type “restore” into the search box.
- Tap the Restore Point button now.
- Selecting Scan for Affected Programs is now required.
- Press Next, then Finish, to begin the restoration process.
- Your QuickBooks files won’t be impacted by the system restore process. As a result, you don’t need to be concerned about your Company Files that are connected to QuickBooks in order to follow the instructions.
- Continue to Method 2 if this method is unsuccessful in resolving the problem.
2nd Method: Reinstall QuickBooks (Selective Startup mode).
Step 1: Assemble the data
- Create a backup of the company files related to QuickBooks first.
- Additionally needed are your product number and license.
- Make sure to have a copy of QuickBooks Desktop on hand as well.
Step 2: Open your PC in Selective Startup Mode
- While holding the Win + R keys together, open the Run window.
- The next step involves typing in Msconfig in the Run window. After that, select OK.
- The Selective Startup and Load System Services option is now required to be chosen under the General tab.
- After that, choose the Service tab.
- You must then select the option to Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Select Disable all.
- Check to see if the box next to Hide all Microsoft Services is unchecked.
- The next step is to choose the Windows Installer Checkbox from the list of services.
- After that, get OK.
- Lastly, select Restart in the system configuration window.
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks
The next step involves reinstalling QuickBooks and using the correct license and product keys.
Step 4: Launch QuickBooks through the Normal Mode
- Pressing the Ctrl and R keys simultaneously will display the Run window.
- Type Msconfig into the Run window and click OK.
- The System Configuration window will then load on the screen as a result.
- Select the Normal Startup option under the General tab.
- Select OK.
- Finally, click Restart in the system configuration window.
Step 5: Employ a third-party Cleaner
- Download and install some third-party cleanup software to start the procedure.
- After the software has been downloaded, go to the download folder and double-click the downloaded file.
- After that, run the program and let it fix any issues it discovers with the registry entry keys or files. Then let it take care of any problems.
- Restart your computer after the procedure is finished, then launch QuickBooks to check if the Error Code 15104 was fixed.
We end this article with a firm hope that the information provided herein helped to fix QuickBooks Error 15104. If you feel need of assistance, just ring us a call at 1 800 761 1787.