Kedarkantha Trekking can be defined as a journey that can be challenging and requires effort and usually takes more than a day. It teaches one to be more responsible and independent. It makes one realise their strengths and weaknesses. We need to be physically fit and mentally strong to face the challenges which come in the way of a trekker.
Few basic tips for a smooth tracking experience:
- Carry the route maps of the trekking spot in advance.
- Carry your medicine and first aid kit box for emergency purposes.
- Carry torch light, battery, candles and other essential items which could be helpful to light a campfire.
- Extra warm blankets as it could be helpful if the temperature drops during the chill nights.
- Talk to locals for guidance and for better experience throughout the journey. As locals have every detail, they can even guide you to beautiful spots which you aren’t aware of.
- Stay hydrated. Always wear proper costume as per trekking location.
Uttarakhand, “the land of gods” and about kedarkantha Trek.
Uttarakhand (known as devbhoomi), is one of the states in northern India, is famous for its Hindu pilgrimage sites. Rishikesh, a popular site for yoga study. Uttarakhand has UNESCO World Heritage sites — “The Valley of Flowers”. It’s an adventurous hub.
Apart from pilgrimage sites, it is also very popular for trekking. Skiing, trekking, many National parks and sanctuaries.Famous places like Haridwar and Rishikesh.
It is a beautiful snow-capped peak, situated at Govind Wildlife Sanctuary. It is situated in Uttarkashi district..
It is one of the best winter seasons’ treks in India. One can view the Himalayan from the Kedarkantha trek summit. Kedarkantha trek is one of the best winter treks of Uttarakhand.
Reasons why one shouldn’t miss kedarkantha trek
- One gets to view the beautiful snow-capped mountains making it a picture perfect. Flora and fauna of the Kedarkantha Trek are worth viewing.
- It is located in the remote places of Uttarakhand therefore, you get to experience the real authentic Uttarakhand lifestyle.
- Kedarkantha trek offers breath-taking views of Himalayan peaks.
- Many fun to do activities and beautiful scenic places which are not only picture perfect but are amazing to feel and experience. People come across these during the Kedarkantha trek.
Fact checks about Kedarkantha Trek
- How to reach? / stays for kedarkantha trek: For this trek, the nearest place is sankri from Dehradun. As there is no hotel or resort, one can stay at the base camps or can build their own tents. The route looks something like this, from sankri to Kedarkantha base camp. You will come across Juda Ka Talab in between Sankri to Kedarkantha base camp. Trek up to Kedarkantha summit while staying at camps. Return back to the base camp after the trek and then back to sankri. One can stay at Meraki Sankri Homestay during the first and last day of the trek.
- Best visit duration: As it’s a winter Trek, it is best to visit during the month of November-April.
- Number of days required to complete the kedarkantha Trek: 5days to 6days.
- Height and difficulty level of this winter Trek: 12500ft and easy – moderate is the Difficulty level of Kedarkantha trek.
- Temperature of Kedarkantha trek: During the day it’s between 8°c to 15°C.During the night it’s between -5°C to 3°C.
Nearest transportations routes to Kedarnkantha trek:
- Railway station, Dehradun railway station is the nearest one.
- Airport, Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest one.
Minimum budget for kedarkantha trek
Many packages are available online which are price per head basis. The Starting price is from 5000/- per person. It includes basic things like food, accommodation and transport.
Places to visit /Activities to do during the Kedarkantha trek:
1.Sankri Zip line ride: Gives you a thrilling experience and it’s one of the fun activities to do during the trek.
2. Sankri village: it’s a paradise to visit. When you are at the top of the Kedarkantha trek summit, you can view the cute- cute houses.
3. Juda ka talab: it’s a scenic lake which comes across kedarkantha trek.
4. Someshwar Mahadev temple: dedicated to lord Shiva. Worth visiting during the Kedarkantha trek.
5.kedarkantha skiing: it’s also a very fun activity to do.A must to be in your to-to-do-list. This makes it one of the best trekking spots.
It’s one of the best places for solo trekking. One of the best places to go with your family and also with your friends.
This one week of Kedarkantha trekking is worth exploring and worth doing.
One gets to experience the beautiful creation of nature.To visit, It is one of the best places. There is not much hustle to reach the place or there’s no difficulty to find the location for stays or food.
It’s also a safe trek if you are prepared enough.
Overall a good one to enjoy and experience something new.