Telegram released a new version yesterday and announced that everybody can now import their chat history – including videos and documents – to Telegram from apps like WhatsApp, Line and KakaoTalk. This will work both for individual chats & groups.
The migration feature comes as a part of a significant update which brings several other improvements to the online messaging app.
After updating to the most recent version of Telegram, users on iOS can open the Contact Info or Group Info page within the WhatsApp app, tap “Export Chat”, and choose Telegram within the Share menu.
Alternatively, they’ll export chats directly by swiping left on a conversation and selecting “Export Chat”.
How to migrate chat from WhatsApp
Migrating chats from WhatsApp to Telegram is easy but it has to be done one chat at a time. the subsequent steps got to be followed for Android devices:
- Users must open WhatsApp and open the chat that they need to transfer.
- In this chat, they might ought to click on the three vertical dots to check more options, and from these, they might need to select the choice of ‘Export Chat’.
- After that, from the share menu, users must click on Telegram.
- Once in Telegram, users would need to select the contact that they need to export the chat to, and once that’s done, the chat would successfully be transferred from WhatsApp to Telegram.
Migrating chats from WhatsApp to Telegram on iOS
Migrating chats from WhatsApp to Telegram for iOS is additionally fairly easy. Here’s a step-by-step guide to assist users transfer their chats using iPhone.
- After opening the WhatsApp messenger, users must locate the chat they want to migrate and open it.
- Once the chat is open, users would wish to click on the name of the contact at the highest of the chat.
- In the window that then opens, users would need to scroll down and locate the choice to ‘export chat’.
- Users, when choosing to export chat, would get the choice to connect the media or forego it, and users can select their preferred option.
Check these FAQ to understand more
Is Telegram more safe than WhatsApp?
Signal’s security is best than WhatsApp’s. Both use Signal’s encryption protocol, but whereas Signal’s is fully open source, meaning it are often examined for vulnerabilities by security researchers, WhatsApp uses its own proprietary deployment
Can I send messages from telegram to WhatsApp?
Telegram and whatsapp are 2 different companies. So, you can’t send msg from telegram to whatsapp.
Also Read: Facebook as a Metaverse Company
Reasons why WhatsApp is best than Telegram
Whatsapp also introduced end-to-end encryption for all chats whereas Telegram uses it only for its secret chat. Chat app Whatsapp supports voice also as video calls. Whatsapp allows a sender to understand about the delivery and message read status by the opposite user.
Does telegram work with WhatsApp?
If you are a new Telegram user, you’ll simply export all of your chats from WhatsApp to Telegram and obtain the familiarity.