It’s 2022! Improving science and technology has already introduced many new and revolutionary techniques in the world of treatment, healthcare, and others. One of them is a hair transplant. Although many different types of hair transplant technologies are available in India, we are responsible for recommending the best hair transplant in Chandigarh. Therefore, we have come to DHI, or Direct Hair Implantation technology, which can be a true game changer in your life.
To find out all details of DHI and why it is better than FUE, FUT, and other similar technologies, go through this guide at your earliest convenience.
What is DHI?
DHI, or Direct Hair Implantation, is a newer and unique hair transplant award-winning hair restoration technology introduced in the industry a few years back. This hair transplant contains several similarities to the FUE transplant. To describe DHI, we can say that DHI is a modification of the existing FUE or Follicular Unit Extraction but superior to both FUE and FUT. Like FUE, DHI also comes with a 95% success rate. However, hair transplant specialists these days suggest DHI to patients over other hair transplants for its multiple advantages that always tend to win against FUE and FUT.
The DHI process contains a few easy steps. In the beginning, the hair follicles of the patient are collected from the scalp, typically from the dense back area. After that, specialists implanted the collected follicles in the balding area. If everything is alright, you can get a quick result within a month or two. After that, however, you must wait for one to two years for the entire result.
Who is qualified for DHI?
DHI is probably the best hair transplant option for you if you are suffering from androgenic alopecia. First, let’s see which characteristics qualify a person for DHI.
- Age: Your age must be 25+ to get a DHI.
- Hair diameter: People with thicker hair diameters can expect a better result from DHI.
- Hair density: If your hair density is higher than forty follicles per square centimetre, you can get better hair growth after DHI.
- Hair colour: If your hair is naturally blonde or similar to the colour of your scalp, you can expect a better result after DHI.
- Expectation: You must always have realistic expectations from DHI or other types of hair transplants if you want to get satisfied.
The step-by-step process of DHI
Let’s look at the step-by-step procedure of DHI hair transplant in clinics for the best hair transplant in Chandigarh. These steps will help you get the best hair transplant.
- At first, the surgeon shaves your head and numbs it with local anaesthesia.
- Now, a tool with a fine tip is used to collect the hair follicles from the back of your head.
- The follicles are collected inside a pen-shaped tool.
- Now, the surgeon will implant the hair follicles on the bald area on your head.
- Finally, the surgeon finishes the procedure by applying an antibiotic cream and bandage on your head.
Why is DHI better than the other hair transplant techniques?
When comparing DHI, FUE, and FUT, DHI always wins the games because of its many unique advantages. Although FUT is the fastest and cheapest hair transplant technique, it leaves unpleasant scars on your scalp for a long time.
The recovery period of DHI is also better than these two. Usually, the DHI process takes around four to seven hours to perform in a clinic. Although the surgery takes longer than FUE and FUT, it is more precise and scientific.
Altogether, DHI is way better than FUE and FUT and shows faster and more effective results within months.
Pros and cons of DHI
- An accurate DHI process offers greater hair density than FUE or FUT
- It takes a lesser recovery period than FUE and FUT
- DHI enables the surgeon to have control over the hair angle and depth
- You don’t need to shave the entire head while doing a DHI on your head. Only shaving the bald area is needed.
- It is a precise and accurate process, mainly carried out scientifically by machines rather than manually by surgeons.
- Once the process is done, you can face complications like bleeding, dizziness, pain, scarring, inflammation, increased heart rate, etc.
- If you are not fully bald, you can face two or three months of shock hair loss
- The entire process is quite expensive compared to FUE, FUT, and other technologies.
The frustrating days are now over! If you face severe hair fall or baldness, it’s time to give yourself the best treatment with a DHI hair transplant to look flawless, beautiful, and confident once again. Life is precious, so don’t let insignificant problems like baldness and hair fall make your life problematic. Instead, contact a reliable hair transplant consultant and surgeon, and opt for a DHI hair transplant soon!