Table of Contents
Who is Anya Chalotra?
Anya Chalotra is a British actress best known for her role as ‘Jennifer Ashman’ in the British drama series ‘Wanderlust.’ Chalotra rose to prominence in 2018 after being cast as ‘Yennefer’ in the upcoming ‘Netflix’ fantasy thriller ‘The Witcher.’
It is based on a popular video game franchise inspired by a book series. Many fans, however, were dissatisfied with the decision to portray Chalotra as ‘Yennefer.’ Chalotra is particularly well-known for her role as ‘Lily Marbury’ in the thriller series ‘The ABC Murders,’ based on Agatha Christie’s novel.
Chalotra is most recognized for her role as Yennefer of Vengerberg in ‘The Witcher,’ a Netflix original series based on a book series that was later transformed into a video game series.
She had a role in ‘Wanderlust’ before that. She is well known for her role as Lily in the ABC Murders, a thriller series based on Agatha Christie’s novel.
Anya Chalotra’s net worth is projected to be $4 million as of May 2023.
Early Life Of Anya
Anya Chalotra was born in Wolverhampton on July 24, 1996.
Her father is of Indian origin, while her mother is of English descent. She grew raised in the village of Lower Penn in South Staffordshire, England, with her parents and two siblings, an older sister, and a younger brother.
Chalotra attended St. Dominic’s Grammar School for Girls in Brewood before attending the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. She appeared on stage in numerous school productions.
At the famed London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, Chalotra mastered the intricacies of acting.
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Juan F Sanchez, Honduran writer and journalist(Ex-boyfriend)|
The Career Of Anya
Chalotra began her acting career by appearing in London theatres. She appeared in several plays, including ‘Notoriously Abused,’ ‘Great Expectations,’ ‘The Crucible,’ ‘Balm in Gilead,’ ‘The Merchant of Venice,’ and ‘The Same Deep Water as Me.’
Critics complimented her performance in ‘The Village.’ Chalotra played a strong-willed Indian adolescent who inspired a group of ladies to stand up to a harsh and dictatorial policeman in the play. The popular British daily newspaper ‘The Guardian’ called her performance “compelling.” Chalotra made her television debut in the role of ‘Jennifer Ashman’ in ‘Wanderlust.’
On September 4, 2018, ‘BBC One’ aired the first episode of the series. ‘Wanderlust’ is also available on Netflix outside of the UK.
Chalotra starred in the miniseries ‘The ABC Murders.’ Alex Gabassi’s ‘BBC One’ program starred Chalotra as ‘Lily Marbury.’ She got her big break when she was cast as ‘Yennefer’ in the upcoming ‘Netflix’ fantasy thriller ‘The Witcher.’
The series is based on the works of renowned Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. The book series gained popularity when video game makers produced an action game based on it in 2007. Because of the video game’s success, fans welcomed the concept of converting ‘The Witcher into a TV series.
Fans were dismayed, however, when Chalotra was cast as ‘Yennefer.’ Fans felt that Chalotra was too young to play the character and that the age gap between her and co-star Henry Cavill was unsuitable.
The decision to cast Chalotra, however, was endorsed by the series’ creator, Lauren Schmidt Hissrich. Lauren stated that the directors had chosen the best actors for their different roles.
Here are some of the best highlights of Anya Chalotra’s career:
- Wanderlust (TV-Show, 2018)
- The Witcher (TV-Show, 2019)
- No Masks (Short Film, 2020)
Physical Statistics Of Anya
|Height||170 cm or 5’7″|
|Weight||55 kgs or 121 lbs.|
Personal Life Of Anya
Chalotra prefers to keep her personal life secret. She has, however, been romantically linked to actor Josh Dylan, with whom she is assumed to be in a relationship. Because of different social media posts, fans have linked the two. Since early 2020, they have been rumored to be dating. They’ve also appeared on the red carpet together. Chalotra has a home in London.
Anya Chalotra was in a relationship with Juan F Sánchez, a Honduran writer and journalist. She enjoys reading, shopping, and exploring new places. Miami is Chalotra’s favorite vacation spot. She practices Hinduism because of her Indian ancestors. She currently resides in London and hopes to be one of the most well-known actors in the country.
|Date Of Birth||21 July 1996|
|Age||27 Years Old|
|School||St. Dominic’s Grammar School Brewood, UK|
|College/University||LAMDA(London Academy of Music & Dramatic Art) London, UK|
Net Worth Of Anya
Anya Chalotra is a British actress who has a net worth of $4 million. Anya Chalotra is most well-known for her role as Yennefer of Vengerberg in the Netflix original series, “The Witcher.”
Aside from “The Witcher,” Chalotra has pursued other opportunities. She was cast as one of the key voice roles in the sci-fi animation series “NEW-GEN,” which premieres in July 2020. She also starred in the 2020 special “No Masks,” which was based on real-life testimony of front-line workers in East London during the Covid-19 pandemic.
In December 2020, Chalotra played Sabrina in the BBC Sounds sci-fi podcast “The Cypher.” She also had a lead part in “Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas.” Not forgetting her theatrical roots, she will play Mary 2 in the 2021 production of “Maryland” at the Theatre Royal Stratford East.
Interesting Facts About Anya
- She grew up in Lower Penn Village in South Staffordshire, England, United Kingdom.
- In October 2018, Anya Chalotra had her first TV program appearance as Jennifer Ashman, an older pupil at Tom’s school, in the drama series Wanderlust, alongside Toni Collette, Steven Mackintosh, Zawe Ashton, and Sophie Okonedo.
- She played Lily Marbury in The ABC Murders, a 2018 BBC One mystery drama thriller television show based on Agatha Christie’s novel of the same name.
- The show stars John Malkovich, Rupert Grint, Andrew Buchan, Eamon Farren, Jack Farthing, Gregor Fisher, Tara Fitzgerald, Henry Goodman, Shirley Henderson, Bronwyn James, Freya Mavor, and Kevin McNally, and is directed by Alex Gabassi.
- Her credits as a theatre artist include being cast in lead roles in productions like Much Ado About Nothing and The Village.
- Anya Chalotra enjoys reading and traveling.
- In 2019, Anya Chalotra made her web show debut as a voice actress, contributing vocals to the role of Robin Loxley in the computer-animated science fantasy adventure series Sherwood.
- She co-starred with Tyler Posey, Aneurin Barnard, Jamie Chung, Rachel House, Adetokumboh M’Cormack, and Joseph Fiennes in the show.
- In 2019, she rose to the spotlight after she was cast as Yennefer of Vengerberg, a quarter-elf sorceress whose path crosses with Geralt’s on several occasions, in the American fantasy action-adventure drama series, The Witcher, and her co-stars on the show include Henry Cavill, Freya Allan, Eamon Farren, Joey Batey, MyAnna Buring, Royce Pierreson, Mimi Ndiweni, Wilson Radjou-Pujalte, Anna Shaffer, and Mahesh Jadu.
FAQs on Anya
How much is Anya Chalotra worth?
Anya Chalotra’s net worth is estimated to be $4 Million.
How old is Anya Chalotra?
Anya Chalotra was born on July 21, 1996, and is currently 26 years old.
How tall is Anya Chalotra?
Anya Chalotra’s height is 1.68 m, which is equal to 5 ft 6 in.
How much does Anya weigh?
She weighs 121 pounds or 55 kg.
What is the body shape of Anya?
What is the profession of Anya?
She is an Actor.
What is the Eye Colour of Anya?
Her eye color is brown.
What is the hair color of Anya?
Her hair color is black.
Which religion does Anya follow?
Where is the Hometown of Anya?
Anya Chalotra is a British actress best known for her role as ‘Jennifer Ashman’ in the British drama series ‘Wanderlust.’ Chalotra rose to prominence in 2018 after being cast as ‘Yennefer’ in the upcoming ‘Netflix‘ fantasy thriller ‘The Witcher.’
Anya Chalotra left the theatre to pursue her childhood dream of becoming an actor on the big screen. Her major break came when she was cast as Yennefer Of Vengerberg in ‘The Witcher’.
Anya Chalotra’s net worth is projected to be $4 million as of May 2023.