Cancer has become one of the most dangerous and incurable diseases. Unpredictably, you can’t even know how you can get rid of such a severe disease when you don’t have a financial backup that can manage all the treatment expenses on your behalf.
A health insurance for cancer patients with cancer coverage or a cancer standalone policy can provide you with all the benefits related to cancer disease. The insurance company will help you avoid any financial woes coming along your way due to cancer treatment costs keeping the savings you’ve intact.
Table of Contents
How Does Cancer Health Insurance Work?
Cancer and Health Insurance plans basically a cover those who need regular check-ups, therapies, consultations, surgeries, etc. It provides the policyholder with a safety net of hospitalization, surgical operations, medications, chemotherapy sessions, radiation therapies, etc. All the hospital or medical expenses that are related to pre and post-hospitalizations, diagnostics, doctor’s visits, etc are covered under a cancer health insurance policy.
What Does Cancer Insurance Policy Pay for?
A Cancer Health Plan benefits are used to provide coverage for a patient’s out-of-pocket expenses including major medical treatment, diagnostics, consultations, lost financial stability due to disease, or the cost of traveling during getting treated for the cancer or visiting your doctor.
Why Do I Need Health Insurance for Cancer Patients?
Why I need cancer health insurance is a vast content in itself. But still, there may be several reasons that you need to buy cancer health insurance for yourself, out of which some of the reasons are mentioned below:-
- You have a hereditary cancer record- If your family has a medical history with cancer from generations, it’s quite possible that sometime from now you would catch this disease on. But if taken with the supervision of specialized cancer health insurance, you can beat this situation smartly.
- You do not have the financial strength to cover the cost of cancer treatment- If you some time or later get caught by the cancer disease, and you don’t have enough money to get this disease operated on your own. What will you do? For those kinds of troublesome situations, you need a cancer health insurance policy that can cover you from developing a lifetime cancer disease.
- Your cancer policy can aid your current/standard policy- Buying cancer and health insurance for cancer patients who already have a standard policy can supplement their basic policy with important coverage.
- The inflation with cancer treatments- No matter how but the inflation has catalyzed a boom such that the treatment for a severe disease like cancer skyrocketed in no time. But people with an average background have not enough financial support to get treated with cancer. In this case, a person with cancer or more prone to get cancer due to his/her family history, lifestyle, habitual failures, or any such circumstances needs cancer health insurance for sure.
- Cancer health insurance provides multiple coverage for types of cancers- Although buying a cancer and health insurance policy can help you financially, there are some conditions attached to it. Like, a cancer plan would probably nor cover skin cancer, sexually transmitted disease cancer, or a pre-existing condition while taking the policy.
What are Government Benefits for Cancer Patients?
Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi scheme’s dialect with the Health Minister’s Cancer Patient Fund is an extended benefit that provides financial support to those who are below the poverty line who are suffering from cancer disease. They can get treated with the cancer disease in 27 different regional cancer centers.
What is the best cancer insurance plan in India?
These are the major cancer insurance plan in India:-
|Plan||Entry Age||Sum Insured||Waiting Period|
|Max Life Cancer Insurance Plan||25 years||Up to 1 crore||180 days|
|Navi Critical Illness Cover||91 days-70 years||Up to 1 crore||31 days|
|Manipal Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Health Plan||18-65 years||Up to 25 crores||90 days|
|Future Generali Cancer Protect Plan||1-65 years||10-40 lakhs||180 days|
|Digit Cancer Health Insurance Plan||20-65 years||10-50 lakhs||60-180 days|
Buying a cancer and health insurance policy will help you avoid all the financial and medical discrepancies even in a severe situation of cancer disease. The health plan would keep all your comfort intact and your worries away from you.
So, what would be the best time now to buy medical insurance for cancer patients? Make your purchase with the trusted providers of health insurance for cancer patients in India, now!